Cutting out alcohol doesn’t mean you have to get stuck slurping only on cranberry juice and soda water. Those drinks are great, but imagine sipping a mocktail that looks and tastes just like the real thing, just without alcohol!
Here are our staff’s 5 favourite picks for the weekend. Lose the booze and stay healthy.
1. Frost Bite
• 85 ml lemon-lime soda water
• 60 ml white grape juice
• Fresh blueberries
• Fresh mint
• 30 ml Pineapple juice
• 30 ml Lime juice
- In a shaker filled with ice, mix fresh lime juice and pineapple juice. Add white grape juice, mint and blueberries. Shake all ingredients well and strain into a large glass filled with ice
- Top with lemon-lime soda water and garnish with fresh blueberries for a fun twist.
Adapted from the original recipe for Frost Bite
2. Watermelon Agua Fresca
- 8 cups watermelon, cubed and deseeded
- ⅓ cup agave nectar (can also use honey or maple syrup)
- Juice from 1 lemon and 1 lime
- Soda water
Serves: 8-10 servings
- Using either a blender or stick blender, puree the watermelon with the agave nectar and citrus juice. Strain if you don’t like the pulp, it’s delicious both ways.
- Serve over ice and top with some soda water and enjoy!
Adapted from the original recipe for Watermelon Agua Fresca
3. Virgin Ginger Mimosas
- Ice (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cups soda water
- 5 cm piece of fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and divided into slices
- Add the ice and orange juice, then top off with soda water. Garnish with fresh ginger and orange slices.
Adapted from the original recipe for Virgin Ginger Mimosas